HAVE THE PERFECT EDINBURGH CHRISTMAS
Our guide of things to do in
Elfinburgh Edinburgh this festive season.
Wondering how to have the perfect Edinburgh Christmas? We’ll help you out with our guide of the best things to do in Scotland’s capital this festive season. Edinburgh has plenty of presents under the tree. Whether you’re a culture creature, party person, merry man, festive female or jolly juvenile – there is something for everyone.
OUT AND ABOUT
European Christmas Market – (19th November – 7th January) – FREE
- The well-loved European Christmas Market is located in East Princes St Gardens. There are many quaint huts where international sellers offer traditional Christmas items, food and drink. You’ll be sure to check off some items on your gift list.
Street of Light – (21st November – 24th December) – FREE
- Virgin Money’s popular light show is back this year with more stunning displays synchronized to the music of local choirs and bands. It is located on George Street. Hurry, it’s selling out quick!
The Scottish Market – (26th November – 24th December) – FREE
- Edinburgh Christmas’ Scottish Market is located on George Street. It is a tasty showcase of lovingly handmade food, drink and crafted goods that Scotland’s best Artisans have to offer.
Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland at Lyceum Theatre – (2nd December – 31st December) – From £18.00
- You know the story. Based on Lewis Carroll’s best-selling, universally-loved children’s novel ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland’. The story has been adapted multiple times on screen and stage due to its popularity. However, every interpretation is different. This is especially true in this new version created and directed by Anthony Neilson.
Five Guys Named Moe at Edinburgh West End – (18th Nov – 7th Jan) – From £15.50
The major West End and Broadway musical comes to Edinburgh this Christmas. Featuring the toe-tapping and merry-music of Jazz legend Louis Jordan performed live on stage by an eclectic band.
Mamma Mia at Edinburgh Playhouse – (29th November – 7th January) – From £15.00
- The well-known smash-hit musical is coming to Edinburgh. Set on a paradisaical Greek island, a story of love, friendship and identity is intelligently told through the feel-good songs of the well-acclaimed band ABBA.
Christmas Tree Maze – (19th November – 7th January) – From £3.50
- A fun, festive, family-friendly experience. Can you navigate your way all the way to the centre and back again? Inside you’ll also discover the Elves’ workshop, where Santa’s jolly little helpers will be waiting for you with a little treat.
Santa’s Grotto – (19th November – 24th December) – From £8.00
- Santa’s Grotto is a must at Christmas time. This is the perfect chance for well-behaved children to get a one-on-one with Santa before Christmas to get in their final wishes before the big day. You will also be able to meet his most dedicated helpers. Furthermore, if you are on the nice list you’ll receive a little gift.
Ice Skating at St Andrew Square – (18th November – 7th January) – From £5.00
- It is time to ‘Get one’s skates on’ (literally). At the St. Andrew Square you and your family can skate around the grand Melville Monument. Remember to be safe. Children under 11 must be accompanied by an adult.
NEEDING A PLACE TO STAY?
We can help you have an even more perfect Edinburgh Christmas.
Old Waverley Hotel: Due to its perfect location on Edinburgh’s Princes Street. You will have views of the fireworks, light shows and the European Market. This traditional hotel is in walking distance from all the main Edinburgh landmarks and George St (location of Scottish Market and Street of Lights).
The Howard: A luxurious 5-star hotel in Edinburgh’s new town. Just a short walk from Princes Street and all the main Christmas attractions. You will be able to enjoy valet parking and a unique butler service. If you are wanting to spend your Edinburgh Christmas in luxury then The Howard is the perfect Hotel for you.
Channings: Voted Edinburgh’s most romantic hotel. If you are wanting to have a grand and lavish stay in Edinburgh’s new town then Channing’s Hotel is perfect for you.
Holyrood ApartHotel: This modern apartment hotel is an easy 1-minute walk from the Royal Mile. It’s also a 4-minute walk from Holyrood Park. These serviced apartment are a perfect home away from home. Perfect for families and business professionals.